Jordan Sparks: Battlefield
Jorie has recently discovered her love for music. Whenever we get into the car, I hear her high-pitched little voice ask: "mama, I want moo-sic."
This summer I started watching So You Think You Can Dance, and fell in love with both Jeanine and Brandon's dancing, to separately and when they were together. One hip-hop routine that particularly caught my eye was to "Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks (yes, I know that's how she spells it.) The routine is so cool that I haven't yet had the heart to delete the episode from my DVR, and from time to time I'll watch it.
Jorie loves it now too, and will not often insist "mama, I want to watching dancing." Just yesterday we watched it four times before she went down for her nap--all at her request.
This morning when we got into the car to go to preschool, I tuned in to "Battlefield" on my iPhone. For the twenty-five minute trip each way, Jorie asked for "more "Biblefeel" every time the next song kicked in.
Since I didn't want the car ride home to turn into a battlefield, I complied.






5 comments:
At least you get a good song to be stuck with. I remember how happy I was the day Anna fell in love with "Jai Ho" and I could stop listening to HSM3!
Biblefeel - hilarious! Wonder what Jorie's version of the song looks like in her head...
I agree that Biblefeel is hilarious. These people can really dance; I taught them everything they know. LOL
oh i LOVE that show and jeanine and brandon were my favorite too... along w/ that leggy blonde who had zero personality but was an amazing dancer. this is actually the ONLY show i watch on tv (yay its on TONIGHT). literally. i watch no tv anymore. although a few times i caught some of Glee (which follows SYTYCD) and i have to admit it was good. i just prefer to write/read/blog/be on the computer to the tv. cant do both unfortunately :)
btw jeannie, i gave you the Kreativ Blog award - check out what it is and the 'rules' of acceptance on my blog: http://welcometomyplanet4.blogspot.com/2009/10/and-kreativ-blog-awards-go-to.html
also read my little shout out to your blog! :)
Just checkin' in on you to see how you've been -- haven't heard from you in a while and hope all's well.
Hugs,
Michelle @ 5MFSN
Post a Comment